Calgary French & International School (CFIS) offers many diverse and rewarding career opportunities, including teaching jobs, academic leadership, advancement positions, facility and support staff opportunities.
Our faculty and staff enjoy a rewarding work community that creates an enriched educational environment for our students. We strive to remove barriers to employment, to recruit employees who will positively contribute to the school community, and to accommodate applicants with disabilities.
CFIS provides a welcoming environment for all employees, and encourages diversity as part of our culture, and commitment to the Alberta Human Rights Act. Applications are invited from anyone who meets the minimum requirements of a posted position. Candidates selected for interviews are based on their resume of experience and education.
Our 150-person team of faculty and staff, includes homeroom teachers, specialist teachers (i.e. visual and performing arts, music, and physical education), learning strategists, early childhood education educators, and administrative, advancement and operational staff. Each year, we hire between five and 15 talented and qualified individuals, and accept applications year-round for full-time and part-time teachers.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and meaningful professional development for all of our employees. We are committed to continuously improving our school through a focus on our CFIS mission, vision, and values, and are a contributing member of the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations
- Assistant Teacher (Preschool to Kindergarten)
- On-Call Assistant Teachers
- French Immersion Substitute Teachers
- Heavy Duty Custodian
- Food Service Team Members
- Kitchen Prep Cook
- Bus Drivers
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter addressed to the Hiring Panel. (For teaching positions, the cover letter must be in both English and French, except for English- or Spanish-language teachers.)
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Three work-related references with name, organization, phone number and email address of each (one of your references must be a direct supervisor; references will not be contacted without your prior consent; do not send letters of reference).
- One-page teaching philosophy statement — only for teaching applicants to Kindergarten through Grade 12 positions.
- Applications that do not contain all the required information or that do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The following are the minimum application requirements for all positions at CFIS.
- Applicants for all positions must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Effective September 24, 2021, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination at the time of hiring, as required by our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- Any applicant who is offered a position at CFIS must provide a current Police Information Check acceptable to the CFIS administration.
The following are the minimum application requirements for teaching positions at CFIS.
- Bilingual in French and English. (French is the language of instruction for all classes, except for English and Spanish classes).
- Alberta Teaching Certificate, or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate, or be able to acquire one within three months of hire. (For further details on Alberta teacher certification, please review the Association of Independent Schools and Colleges in Alberta (AISCA) Teacher Certification Handbook.)
Alberta Teacher Qualifications Service (TQS) evaluation from the Alberta Teachers' Association, or be able to acquire one within three months of hire.
Thank you for considering a position at Calgary French & International School!