Preparing Graduates for the World
Experience the CFIS Secondary Advantage! In our High School program, set within a dynamic full French immersion environment, each student takes purposeful strides towards shaping their academic journey and future career. All secondary subjects are taught in French, fostering a complete linguistic immersion where students seamlessly function in the language. Through meticulously designed pedagogical approaches, immersive experiences, and dedicated years of study, our students achieve true fluency and proficiency in French. This fluency extends to all three languages, evident in their globally recognized certifications upon graduation from CFIS.
Enrolment in High School at CFIS is open to Grades 10-12 students currently attending a French immersion or francophone school, as well as native French-language speakers.
CFIS High School students:
- Thrive academically, exceeding provincial and national standards.
- Learn in small classes, ensuring individual attention.
- Experience customized and individualized learning opportunities.
- Receive individualized academic planning and university admissions support Are accepted to and thrive in university programs of choice.
- Access advanced lab equipment allowing for individualized and complex experimentation and investigations.
- Access the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program to prepare students for success in higher education through independent research, critical thinking, and rigorous learning outcomes.
- Develop national and international perspectives through a focus on culture, leadership and global responsibility.
- Experience safe, unique, and enriching cultural experiences abroad to become engaged global citizens
Learn more about our Secondary division students and program here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme:
The IB Diploma Programme was introduced to CFIS students in grades 11 and 12 in 2019. Students can choose to enrol in the full IB Diploma programme or to enrol in classes that specifically interest them. The DP enables extraordinary academics and personal development. Read about why the IB Diploma Programme (DP) is ideal preparation for university here.