2022-23 School Year Tuition
CFIS Preschool and Junior Kindergarten programs are licensed under the Alberta Childcare Licensing Act. The new Canada–Alberta Early Learning and Child Care Agreement, announced in November 2021, applies to CFIS preschool and JK students. This means that families with Preschool and Junior Kindergarten-aged children are eligible for grant funding as it is made available through the Agreement.
Preschool and Junior Kindergarten:
- Half Day: $9,200
- Full Day: $17,570
Kindergarten to Grade 3:
Grades 4 to 6:
Grades 7 to 9:
Grades 10 to 12:
A 10% tuition discount is applied to the enrolment of a 3rd child (Kindergarten and higher only)
A 15% tuition discount is applied to the enrolment of a 4th child (Kindergarten and higher only)
Fee Payment Options
Upon receiving a placement offer, a non-refundable deposit of $2,000 is required to secure the placement. This deposit is applied to your child’s tuition. The balance of the tuition is payable in your choice of three schedules:
- Full-payment schedule where balance is due in September.
- Semi-annual schedule where balance is payable half in September and half in February.
- Monthly schedule where balance is due in ten equal payments from September through June (a monthly charge of $40 is payable if you select this option).
New Family Fees
- New Family Membership Fee — $2,000 (non-refundable) due May 1 prior to the year starting school.
- Building Fund Loan — $4,000 due in September. Families can choose to donate all or a portion of the Building Fund Loan back to CFIS, or request that this fee be returned to them, once the last child leaves the school.
Tuition includes all field trip fees, as determined by each divisional Principal.
New Applications — $275 for new applicants
Annual Registration — $500 per family, due May 1 prior to the start of the next school year
Uniforms — $400-800 via our school uniform supplier, InSchoolwear.
Musical instruments — approx. $40/month for students in band (families can elect to purchase their own instruments)
Travel and cultural trips — variable and optional for Grades 7-12 students
Before- and after-school care — optional for students in Preschool to Grade 6 *2021-22 fees - subject to change.
- Before school — $3,300
- After school — $3,760
- Before and after school — $6,550
Busing — optional for all students *2021-22 fees - subject to change.
- One-way: morning or afternoon — $2,210
- Both ways — $3,250
Childcare Tax Receipts
Tax receipts are issued based on the minutes of supervision and the percentage of tuition covered will vary from year to year. For periods of remote learning, receipts cannot be provided.
- Preschool and Junior Kindergarten — 100% of tuition
- Kindergarten — 50% of tuition
- Grades 1 to 6 — 20% of tuition
- Grades 7 to 12 — 20% of tuition, until the child is 16 years of age
- Before- and after-school care — 100% of fees paid
*Please note: the percentage of tuition may vary each year.