You are here
Join our progressive and innovative team
CFIS has over 120 enthusiastic faculty and staff, with specialist teachers in visual arts, dramatic arts, music and physical education as well as leading-edge learning strategists.
CFIS is always seeking excellent teachers, full- and part-time, and we accept applications year round. The following are minimum requirements for teaching positions at CFIS:
- Alberta Education Teaching Certification (Interim, Permanent or Letter of Authority)
- Bilingual French and English as French is the language of instruction for all classes except English and Spanish classes.
Please see the current job openings for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- UPDATED Before and After School Program Leaders
- Learning Strategist (Grades 7 to 12)
- Library Learning & Innovation Leader (Preschool to Grade 12)
- Library Technician - Elementary
- Library Technician - Secondary
- On-Call Cooks
- Science and HPLS Teacher (Grades 7 to 10)
Click on the job titles above to view the entire job posting.
Click on the drop down menus below for more about our school culture, employment benefits and how to apply.
What it's like to work for the Calgary French & International School
Through hiring and retaining the best faculty and staff from across the country, we are able to offer an incredibly high quality of French language instruction and administration within our school.
Supported by a progressively-minded and incredibly hard-working leadership team, our teachers are surrounded by innovative projects and a culture of excellence in French, Spanish and international education.
Our faculty are chosen for both their ability to teach and an outstanding background in languages and education. Our teachers come from across Canada and throughout the world.
Every year we add between 5 to 15 new, talented individuals to our team of 120 faculty, staff and leadership professionals.
If you are interested in working closely with an enthusiastic, dedicated and talented team of teachers, staff, board members, and volunteers we want to talk to you.
Supporting our faculty is important and our teachers have adequate time to prepare for their classes. This gives them the time to pursue their interests as they become coaches, mentors, directors, activists, philanthropists and producers of student initiatives outside the classroom, extending our immersion environment and the richness of our programs.
Professional development is an important part of ensuring our faculty and staff stay current with best practices and advance learning in their classroom through technology, innovation and their own cutting-edge curriculum development.
Teachers and staff model leadership by pursuing opportunities for conference presentations, action research and publication in professional journals. They are supported with instructional leadership in the areas of curriculum implementation, professional development, learning and teaching resource acquisition, and student assessment.
We offer a competitive salary and meaningful professional development for all of our faculty and staff. CFIS is a contributing member of the Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund.
Please follow these directions to the letter, when submitting your application to the Calgary French & International School.
Applications, including a cover letter addressed to the Hiring Panel and resume or CV, may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF format only.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate email application for each position.
- Applications must include three work-related references with name, organization, phone number and email address of each; one of your references must be a direct supervisor. References will not be contacted without your prior consent. Please do not send letters of reference.
- If you are applying for a teaching position, please submit your cover letter in both English and French (except for English or Spanish teaching positions).
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must submit a one-page teaching philosophy statement with their application.
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate, or be able to acquire same within three months of hire. For further details on Alberta Teaching Certification, please click here.
- Applicants for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teaching positions must also possess an Alberta Teacher Qualifications Service (TQS), or be able to acquire same within three months of hire. For further details on TQS, please click here.
- Any applicant who is offered a position at CFIS must provide a current Police Information Check acceptable to CFIS administration.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications that do not contain all the above required information or meet the above requirements will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for further consideration for positions will be contacted.